|Foundation Information - Notice|
Information for Elliot Klein's services has been added further down the page)
A final sign-off
J.A. "Jimmy" Johntz Jr., 90, of Boise, died Friday, July 30, 2010 in a Boise hospital.
A memorial service was held at 2 p.m., Wednesday, August 4, 2010
at the Alden-Waggoner Funeral Chapel.
It is with great sorrow that I inform our team that our leader, mentor and friend, Elliott Kurt Klein, passed away suddenly early Sunday morning in his home in Arizona. Elliott’s infectious personality , his drive to live a dream and his ability to connect personally with each and every one of us will be sorely missed. Elliot was 61.
We are all here, doing what we are doing because of his dream to build the perfect broadcast company, centered around fun but mindful of the great responsibility we have to this business and this industry. He loved this thing called “radio” heart and soul.
I will let everyone know about arrangements as soon as I find out. I know all of your thoughts and prayers will be with his wife Nancy during this hard time. Honor his memory by keeping up the good work. He was fiercely proud of you all. I leave you with one of Elliott’s favorite sayings. An elliottism if you will…
“If something is worth doing…..it’s worth overdoing”.
Market General Manager
Impact Radio Group
Updated information added Sunday, August 8:
Okay. So we have the information and I will try to organize it for all of you the best I can. Before I get to the arrangement details I want to let everyone know that if you CANNOT make this service no problem, but Nancy has a request. If you CANNOT make it and have a favorite Elliott story (and yes there are many) please send it to me via email. I will collate them and deliver them to Nancy because she wants to include them in a book and may want to have someone at the service read them.
Once again for Idaho, we will arrange a later service and have Nancy’s blessings.
1. Services will be held and Whitney and Murphy Funeral Home. 4800 East Indian School Road, Phoenix, AZ 85018. Their Phone number is 602-840-5600. The date will be Tuesday 8/10/10 and the time is 3:00 PM.
2. I have spoken with the Arizona Biltmore, a hotel Elliott loved because Frank Lloyd Wright designed it and only ten minutes from Elliott’s house, 15 minutes from the airport and about fifteen or twenty from the funeral home. Because of summer rates you can call central reservations at get a five star for $99.00 for a classic room. The central reservation number is 800-950-0086. They also have some specials if you ask. There are pools all over and remember it is one hot SOB still. For the price it beats a La Quinta at 89.00. Elliott always said if it is worth doing, it is worth over-doing. Pay the extra ten bucks.
3. I have looked at flights from all the major carriers. No issues if you book soon.
4. Maps. I am including a pdf with google maps. There is a hotel map, a map that shows Elliott and Nancy’s house and one that show the funeral home from both locations. Nancy’s address is 5529 East Sapphire Ln, Paradise Valley, AZ 85253.
5. Phone Numbers. Please call if you need help. Mona Calton has been there all week helping. Her number is 208-695-6650 or call me at 208-954-3166. Both are cell numbers. I will get there probably Sunday.
Once again. I do NOT have everyone’s contact numbers. Please forward this on! Check the contacts and fill in. Hope to see some of you there.
GM, Impact radio Group
|< Prev||Next >|